To address with most of these issues, problems and challenges Shree Bhawani Vidyapeeth Secondary School has been facing in the present days, some strategic initiatives must be implemented as early as possible. Having realized this fact, some decisive steps have been formulated known as QEdLab approach. The Pre-
Primary and Primary wings will be converted into English medium. It is good omen that the Ministry of Education is also encouraging public schools to conduct classes with curriculum and content in English medium for the days to come.
Modality of the proposed plan
The modality of the proposed plan for first three years would go as following
Conducting Montessori based Pre-School up to Grade-3 o Play Group and Nursery (Play group PLUS) o Kindergarten PLUS
- Conducting Montessori based Pre-School up to Grade-3
- Play Group and Nursery (Play group PLUS)
- Kindergarten PLUS
- Primary Level (Grade-1, Grade-2, and Grade 3)
Upgrading English medium curriculum to Grade 4 and preparing for Grade 5
Upgrading English Medium Curriculum to Grade 5 and preparing for the rest of Basic Level School Education (Grade 6- Grade 8)
How to achieve the goals?
All these goals will be achieved by strictly implementing QEdLab approach with the following tasks:
- Hiring new, qualified, trained, experienced Coordinator and their supporting staff.
- Building essential infrastructure such as school-buildings with properly furnished and well equipped classrooms, full of academic and teaching resources, well- fenced school premises with proper sports resources and playground
- Training the existing in- service Primary School teachers in terms of better delivery, performance and quality in Teaching.
Learning from best practices, partnering with educationally innovative individuals, institutions and organizations
Education system developed by Mother Castle School, Kathmandu
- Lighthouse approach being promoted by networks of Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC)
- ICDP being promoted by ECEC
- Poudel, A. B. (2016). Journeying into Motherly Mathematics Education: A Muse Towards Transformation. (Unpublished M Phil. thesis). School ofEducation, Kathmandu University, Nepal. In partnership with Teach For Nepal
- ICT4E being developed and promoted by buildNepal
- Holistic approach of education as practiced by Mother Castle School, Kathmandu (A Montessori based English medium Primary School)
- International Child Development Program and Light House approach as practiced by Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) and their international networks
- Cross cutting approaches such as ICT4E (Information, communication and Technology for education); Motherly education; Volunteerism and Quality Circle
- Sustainability through agro-forestry in school land along with community forestry in coordination with Department of Forestry and private sectors.
- Gladstone Academy for quality assurance in education in a school- setting.
- Teachers Pool will be developed from existing students of Higher education of the school through stipend basis.
For the purpose of introducing new Montessori- based teaching system in the Pre-Primary and Primary wing of BVSS, the school will remain free of all costs at the initial year (2017- 2018 School calendar) for the purpose of its initial promotion and public support.
Effective from next year (2018-2019 School calendar), the school will collect nominal donations for conducting its academic and allied services from the student’s parents. No fees will be collected on profit basis, but with the purpose of covering the incurred overall individual students’ expenditure basis (per child educational expenditure: PCEE) which will be comprised of various factors such as unit operation cost involving Teachers and Staff salaries, other overhead costs, meal prices, transportation costs, stationaries, library usage, sports resources costs, utilities, multimedia based teaching resources unit costs, human resource development trainings and other promotional costs.
These approaches and efforts will be gradually implemented for the subsequent classes and level beyond Grade-5 up to Grade 8 (Basic Level Education in Public Schooling) in the next phase, ultimately to Grade XII in the end of the Public Schooling system in the subsequent years.
|Funding Packages||Particulars||Amount in NRS||Amount in USD $|
|Package A||Building and Classroom painting||200000||1835|
|Package D||Kitchen, cafeteria and Cook||472500||4335|
|Package G||Human Resources||2075000||19037|
|Package H||Education materials and ICT4E||1155500||9702|